Is Metal Roofing Right for You?
Longevity, Durability and Beauty
Metal roofs are not just for plain-looking industrial or agricultural buildings anymore. Although you will find them atop many commercial buildings, new designs are making metal roofing an increasingly popular choice for homeowners. Whether you have a warehouse or a townhouse, a metal roof installed by Riedel Contracting Inc. will give your building protection from the weather – for 50 to 100 years! Here is what you need to know:
- Manufacturers have developed aluminum and steel roofing in slate, tile, shingle and shake styles that resemble wood, stone and clay.
- Because of the variety available, you are sure to find one that complements the architecture of your building.
- Metal roofing is actually lightweight. It is also – contrary to a common misconception – not noisy when it is raining.
- Metal is costlier than asphalt shingles. However, the cost is offset by the fact that it stays in place so much longer than shingles, so that you won’t have to pay for replacements as frequently.
- If you decide to sell your home in the future, a metal roof is appealing to purchasers because of its longevity.
- Aluminum and copper don’t rust. Steel is given a rust-prevention coating.
- Metal roofs help protect your house from fire. And, they do not attract lightning strikes, as some people believe.
- Metal is environmentally friendly. When it does need to be replaced, it can be recycled and used again.
As with other types of roofing, metal roofing is only as good as the technicians who install it. From applying the underlayment to adding eaves to protect the roof from ice dams to fastening panels correctly so that they are watertight, our installers pay attention to every detail.