Let the Sun In!
Our Home Improvement Services Include Skylights
Our customers are often amazed at how the skylights we install for them open up their homes and give them a spacious feeling. In the daytime, sunlight adds warmth and illumination to rooms. On clear nights, a skylight reveals a star-studded sky and the pure white light of the moon. However, if a skylight is not installed correctly, it could allow leaks that will damage your ceiling and walls. At Riedel Contracting Inc., skylight installation is one of our top home improvement services. It’s an affordable way to make a big impact on your interior. Fixed skylights are good for rooms that have adequate ventilation, because they do not allow air in. They generally don’t leak and are more energy efficient. However, if you want both natural light and air, a vented skylight is your best bet. We install premium products from the highest quality manufacturers, like:
- Veluxes’ skylights with tintable, electrochromic glass and remote controls that let you adjust heat gain and reduce glare
- Solatube’s Energy Star-rated tubular skylights, which limit heat loss during the window and solar heat gain during the summer
Customize Your Light Levels
We carefully consider location and roofing type when we are planning your skylight project. Options include having us:
- Apply glass glazing, because it will protect the skylight from scratches and UV rays. It is also available in different sizes and shapes. Plastic glazing is also available. It is less costly but does not convey the benefits that glass glazing does.
- Tint the window with a glazing film if you prefer a softer, lower level of light
- Install remote-controlled shades that will allow you to easily control the amount of visible light you get.